Barcelona, September 25, 2017 – BCN3D, the worldly renowned Open Source 3D printer manufacturer, announced today the unveiling of a brand new product: the BCN3D Sigmax, that will be launched at the Birmingham TCT Show.
The Sigmax is a professional FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication) desktop 3D printer characterized by its massive printing volume and its Independent Dual Extruder (IDEX) system. These characteristics turn the Sigmax into the most versatile desktop 3D printer in the market, ideal for those who need to print big, complex parts or increase their production capacity. Therefore, the Sigmax is not just a rapid prototyping machine, but a mighty production center.
The main features of the BCN3D Sigmax are:
- Large-Scale printing volume: To satisfy the market demand of bigger and affordable desktop 3D printers, the Sigmax features a massive printing volume of 420x297x210mm with an optional enclosure. Having such a big volume available allows to get rid of dividing or scaling down models: volume will be no longer a limitation.
- New Duplication Mode: Print the same model with both toolheads simultaneously and, consequently, double the printing capacity.
- New Mirror Mode: Print the model and its symmetrical part at once, increasing iteration speed and shortening design times.
- Improved extruder system: Re-designed from the ground up, the new extruders use the high-tech Dual Drive Gears by Bondtech.As a result, the Sigmax offers a more solid and reliable outcome, no matter the filament used.
- Interchangeable toolheads: The BCN3D Sigmax is compatible with the Hotend Family, a range of six hotends (with nozzles from 0.3mm to 1.0mm) that enhances the versatility and applications of the Sigmax. It is possible to print more detailed models, fabricate more resistant parts in much less time or even use technical and advanced abrasive materials.
Moreover, together with the new Sigmax, BCN3D expands the ecosystem around its products, offering to its customers a complete technical solution and a more reliable 3D printing experience:
- New Software BCN3D-Cura: BCN3D has listened its clients’ request and has developed a new version of software. The BCN3D-Cura, based on the renowned Open Source slicer, is an easy-to-use software that satisfies all the Sigma and Sigmax users’ needs by providing an intuitive user interface and an optimized workflow. As a result, customers can enjoy a flawless 3D printing experience while increasing the reliability of the process.Key features of the new BCN3D Cura are the new Mirror and Duplication printing modes, especially developed for the BCN3D Sigmax. Furthermore, it integrates the printing profiles, ensuring the right set of parameters for any given combination of hotends and materials installed on the printer.
- Industrial-grade materials portfolio: Following the aim to enhance the versatility of 3D printing, BCN3D has developed a portfolio of technical materials under the label “BCN3D Filaments”. These filaments are common polymers in several industries (PLA, ABS, Nylon, PET-G, PVA, TPU and CF) and cover the majority of the technical applications. New materials portfolio coming at the end of the month.
“From BCN3D Technologies we are proud to announce a new complementary product of the BCN3D Sigma, increasing our current product range and welcoming the new Sigmax to the BCN3D family”, states Roger Uceda, CEO of BCN3D Technologies. “This product release will allow our partners and us to easily meet the customer’s needs, providing more accurate solutions for each vertical market. Our goal is to defy the current manufacturing status quo and, thanks to the BCN3D Sigmax and its highly productive features, we are convinced we’ve taken a new step in the right direction.”
BCN3D will be accepting pre-orders for the new Sigmax, starting at 3.695€, from today at dev.artesans.eu/bcn3d and via its distribution network. Printers are scheduled to start shipping on November 2nd 2017.