BCN3D Technologies, based in Gavà (Barcelona), is looking for a Head of Engineering to lead the team that will develop and bring VLM products to the market.
What do we do?
At BCN3D we aim to allow our customers to unlock Manufacturing Autonomy. We provide them with the best possible Additive Manufacturing technology to materialize their unique ideas across all stages of the product lifecycle.
BCN3D designs, manufactures, and sells all over the world top-quality professional FFF 3D printers and, recently, has unveiled the groundbreaking Viscous Lithography Manufacturing (VLM) technology. VLM is a resin-based technology capable of managing resins up to 50 times more viscous than industry standards, so that part performance, accessibility, and productivity are assured.
What do we need?
VLM technology has already been developed and validated within the Technology Adoption Program. Now we’re completing the product development and beginning the industrialization of the commercial products to be released in the future. We are looking for a Head of Engineering capable of leading the team that will bring the hardware and software products to the market.
What would you be responsible for?
● Define the Product Development strategy
● Organize projects and teams accordingly
● Ensure product specs are achieved in time and quality
● Prepare the products for its further manufacturing, participating in the decisions regarding production
● Ensuring that products reflect the customer expectations once they are in use
● Continuous improvement of products
● You are passionate about your work and expect to make an impact
● You are a leader, influencing others with your knowledge and expertise
● You are result-driven and accountable for your goals
● You are hard worker, flexible and comfortable in pressure environments
● You feel comfortable in a high uncertainty environment
● You have a strong analytical and scientific background
● You always look for the root of the problem
● You are methodical and patient
● You are self-driven and proactive
● You are well-organized and capable to manage complex projects
● You have a strong eye for detail
● You are passionate about testing and troubleshooting, not afraid to test hundreds of times
● You got an MSc or Ph.D. in Mechatronics or a related field.
● You have relevant experience in hardware product development
● You have experience leading teams and complex projects
● You have relevance experience in 3D printing
● You are hands-on and enjoy participating in the design processes
● You have experience in manufacturing
● Fluent in English, both verbal and written
Do you want to be a key part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate, and highly motivated team? Do you want to pave the way for a new 3D printing technology to disrupt the market? Then join BCN3D and boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating HEAD OF ENGINEERING to firstname.lastname@example.org