BCN3D Technologies, based in Gavà (Barcelona), is looking for a Applications Engineer to help a wide variety of customers and partners to embrace a new 3D Printing technology.
What do we do?
At BCN3D we aim to allow our customers to unlock Manufacturing Autonomy. We provide them with the best possible Additive Manufacturing technology to materialize their unique ideas across all stages of the product lifecycle.
BCN3D designs, manufactures, and sells all over the world top-quality professional FFF 3D printers and, recently, has unveiled the groundbreaking Viscous Lithography Manufacturing (VLM) technology. VLM is a resin-based technology capable of managing resins up to 50 times more viscous than industry standards, so that part performance, accessibility, and productivity are assured.
What do we need?
As a result of years of intensive research, BCN3D has released VLM and a Technology Adoption Program. New technologies need to be efficiently communicated to let customers assess its multiple benefits and have a clear picture of a long term adoption of the solution.
For these reasons, BCN3D is looking for an Application Engineer to develop commercial opportunities of VLM, so that:
- The customer needs are clearly understood even when the customer doesn’t know them
- The potentiality of VLM to attend those needs is maximized
- An innovative technical solution can be efficiently delivered to the customer
- Mutual trust and long term valuable relationships are established between the customer and BCN3D
- Relevant market inputs can be processed
- The new emerging technology can be fine-tuned in real real-world contexts
What would you be responsible for?
- Provide guidance to customers willing to adopt VLM.
- Assess customer needs and expectations, and understand the match between them and BCN3D’s solution.
- Prospect new customers and commercial opportunities.
- Achieving commercial targets of new customer acquisition and development of accounts.
- Creating a professional relationship built upon trust with customers.
- Become a hands-on expert of VLM.
- Perform cost analysis and productivity studies.
- Provide feedback to Engineering team.
- You are customer oriented and believe in helping customers by attending their needs
- You are a good listener, empathic and accessible
- You are result-driven and can propose strategies to achieve your targets
- You can easily communicate complex concepts
- You pursue the opportunities even even when they are not obvious
- You are curious and have a genuine interest in learning from customers
- You are a hands-on person, versatile to adapt to multiple scenarios
- You have a strong analytical and solid technical background
- You feel comfortable in a fuzzy and fast-changing environment
- You are methodical and organized
- You are self-driven and proactive
- You have an Agile/Entrepreneurial mindset
- BSc or MSc in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Extensive experience with Additive Manufacturing
- Proven experience in some of these areas: mechanical design, design for manufacturing, plastics, product design.
- Knowledge about customer needs in verticals such as automotive, aerospace, engineering or healthcare is a plus.
- Experience in sales and business development.
- Experience working with different CAD tools for AM, like Solidworks, Magics, Rhino, Netfabb,…
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating VLM APPLICATION ENGINEER to email@example.com