BCN3D Technologies, based in Gavá (Barcelona), is looking for a Head of Materials R&D to lead the definition and validation of high viscosity UV curable resins that will reshape the 3D Printing Industry.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we aim to allow our customers to unlock Manufacturing Autonomy. We provide them with the best possible Additive Manufacturing technology to materialize their unique ideas across all stages of the product lifecycle.
BCN3D designs, manufactures, and sells all over the world top-quality professional FFF 3D printers and, recently, has unveiled the groundbreaking Viscous Lithography Manufacturing (VLM) technology. VLM is a resin-based technology capable to manage resins up to 50 times more viscous than industry standards, so that part performance, accessibility, and productivity are assured.
In order to develop the best resin portfolio to cover critical valuable applications and solve market demands, BCN3D has started a Technology Adoption Program to collect market insights and provide feedback to the chemical partners, with the global leader Arkema on top of them.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
VLM technology enables new formulation strategies and a wider set of ingredients since viscosity is no longer a limiting factor. In order to take the best advantage of this fact, BCN3D needs to detect and understand market trends and opportunities, as well as leverage unique VLM advantages to get better materials, overcoming traditional resin limitations, like brittleness or low tear strengths.
BCN3D is setting up a network of collaborations with major chemical partners, like Arkema, and keeps in constant communication with them to identify market opportunities and track joint development progresses.
We are looking for a Head of Materials capable to lead the whole material strategy of the VLM solution, not only in the short term but also to identify long-term R&D opportunities to bring value to the VLM ecosystem.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Define the resin portfolio, matching market trends, customer inputs, and VLM technology advantages.
- Lead a growing team of engineers, scientists, and technicians
- Define the material validation tests, spanning from mechanical and thermal properties to aging
- Set up and maintain technical cooperations with new and existing chemical partners
- Oversee both internal and external product validation stages
- Carry out internal formulation activities
- Work with hardware and software engineers to optimize printing performance
- Cooperate with our material partners in the testing and validation procedures
- Represent VLM materials strategy in webinars, tradeshows, or corporate visits
THE SKILL SET
- You are a leader, influencing others with your knowledge and expertise
- You have a strong analytical and scientific background
- You always look for the root of the problem
- You are methodical and patient
- You can easily build relationships
- You are self-driven and proactive
- You are well-organized and capable to manage complex projects
- You have a strong eye for detail
- You are passionate about testing and troubleshooting, not afraid to test hundreds of times
- You can effectively communicate complex concepts to non-technical co-workers
- You feel comfortable in a high uncertainty environment
- You are flexible and able to work under pressure.
- You got an MSc or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical/Materials Engineering, or a related field
- You have relevant experience in some of these fields: Adhesives, Paints, or 3D Printing Resins
- You have a track record of Product/Project management
- You have worked with 2K systems and/or energy curing systems
- You have formulation experience
- You can design and conduct rigorous experiments
- You are familiar with lab equipment
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
Do you want to be a key part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate, and highly motivated team? Do you want to pave the way for a new 3D printing technology to disrupt the market? Then join BCN3D and boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating HEAD OF MATERIALS R&D to email@example.com
At BCN3D we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation – EU-2016/679, in its article 7, you give your consent to the processing of your data in the selection process and to contact you in case we are interested in your work and social profile, to cover a job vacancy.
You can exercise your rights of; access, suppression, opposition, rectification, limitation and portability of your data, by communicating in writing and a photocopy of your ID card, to the company itself, at the following address: C/ de Miquel Servet, 18, 08850 Gavà, Barcelona or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org