Find a Reseller  <https://www.bcn3d.com/reseller/?fwp_paises=es data-src="/>
Book a Demo <https://3d.bcn3d.com/schedule-a-demo-with-bcn3d-technologies data-src="/>

Workbench Series

Desktop Series

Peripherals

Technical

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Different results from the two heads in Duplicate mode

EqSpec
(@jlgraham)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Just tried a print in Duplicate mode for the first time on a new Epsilon W50. The model has lots of overhangs, but none over 45 degrees. Printing with Ninjaflex Armadillo (a rigid TPU), which can be a little quirky. I had to slow the printing speed and max out the fan to get a clean result.

What's puzzling me is that the two print heads delivered pretty different results: one nice and clean, the other with crappy overhangs. Vertical surfaces are OK with both.

Both hot ends were cleaned immediately before printing. The filament was a new and dry roll that I split in two for this print, so identical filament going to the two heads.

I'm having a hard time accounting for the difference

Rango264
(@rango)
Trusted Member Customer

Don't know which settings you use, but what made the prints with TPU cleaner, was decreasing the Flow rate from 115% to 100%. 

ReplyQuote
EqSpec
(@jlgraham)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

@rango Yes, I do have the flow rate set at 100%

But the two print heads are (or should be) running the same settings, right? It's not like I'm using one set of settings for the left extruder and another for the right extruder.

Why are the two prints so different?

ReplyQuote
EqSpec
(@jlgraham)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

For comparison, here's the print from the other print head:

ReplyQuote
mlaurin
(@mlaurin)
Eminent Member Customer

@jlgraham Just let you know W50 have a bad batch of heater so maybe your temp is not consistent on the faulty side.

Also double check your calibration! Multiple people don't remove the glass and try to remove after a print it can change everything!

Also keep your rail free of dust and add some recommended oil on it then test it manually to be shure its slide smoothly ! 

Did you have the version with auto calibration ?   

EqSpec liked
ReplyQuote
EqSpec
(@jlgraham)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

@mlaurin Yes, it does seem to come down to a difference in the temperature of the two heads. If I lower the temperature in the slicer profile by 10 degrees, the left head prints now prints properly but the right head is too cold.

I had already run the "Autotune hotends" utility, which is supposed to "check the thermal behavior of the hotends", so I'm not sure what else I can do, short of changing a hotend

ReplyQuote
mlaurin
(@mlaurin)
Eminent Member Customer

@jlgraham Request to BCN3D a new pair of hot end. On my side its cause a error message then the printer stop printing and to resolve this issue temporally I have to set standby temperature close to printing temperature like really closeeeee! 

I have the same result when a do a auto tune!

But now with a new pair of hot end its perfect !

EqSpec liked
ReplyQuote