Buildtak Sheet

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chimpusmaximus
    Participant

After having one of my heat beds crack on me this week and a few small chips happen recently with printing some more exotic filaments i have pondered a build surface that would save the bed etc. Almost by magic Ben at Hawk3d proto in the Uk saw my tweet of my damaged bed and sent me one of his new custom Buildtak sheets to have a go with.

Taking into account it works out more expensive than a new glass bed i have run through a range of different filaments and all bar Nylon have had success on my first go. For me being able to just get on and print with flexible filament such as Formfutura flexifil and Colorfabb HT and not worry about bed adhesion has been great.

The sheet is very easy to apply and all that i had to do was recalibrate the bed and get straight on with printing.

If you want to check it out, have a look here Hawk3d Proto

ornarayne
    Participant

Great post 🙂

d.ward
    Participant

I lost my buildtak sheet this morning when trying to remove a large part from the bed. I found that the adhesion was so high that removing the part was impossible. I ended up striping the buildtak sheet off the glass, tearing it in the process. I’m getting another through and may just add a support grid to lower the surface contact.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.