Desktop Series

Peripherals

Standard

Technical

Composites

First calibration and already something wrong

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

Hello everyone.

Everything is out of the box, I am super excited to make my first calibration and the Y axis don’t seem to move!
    So of course the nozzle instead of moving around the print bed is moving across the glass and press like a maniac!

Did I miss something?

Many thanks in advance.

jamesballa
    Participant

not sure I follow mate, can you upload a vid to youtube ?

Nicolas
    Participant

OK here is a video of the issue I’m having.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G44a4r6PzHg&feature=youtu.be

jamesballa
    Participant

that’s weird. Did the glass plate just tilt sideways ?
    Stupid question but you removed all the cable ties so theres nothing stopping any of the gears or whatnot from moving ?
    I’m having calibration issues as well 🙁 the extruders are going so far forward theyre catching on the frame of the printer. Very disappointing had to oil after about 15 hours of printing and now this, starting to get a little concerned…. Wasn’t a cheap printer.

Nicolas
    Participant

The thing is there were no cable ties at all!
    I’m afraid they rushed the packing before going on holiday! 🙂
    It sure wasn’t a cheap printer so right now I’m a bit annoyed by the entire thing.

vlad
    Participant

Nicolas, can you move the rail manually?

Hello Nicolas,
    our new packaging does not requiere any ties, as the foams keep the heads in place, so don’t worry about that.
    I just sent you an e-mail to see if we can detect the issue.
    Regards,
    David Trillo

Nicolas
    Participant

Hello Vlad,
    Yes it moves no problem.
    All the plugs seems OK, the Y motor is just not working.

Justin
    Participant

Hi Nicolas,
    I just got my Printer and it’s doing the exact same thing as yours was in the Video. Has there been any resolution on how to fix it yet?

Nicolas
    Participant

Hello Justin,
    The Y axis doesn’t move as well?
    I’m really sorry for you but also kind of glad not being the only one.
    The technical department asked me to check all the connections for the Y motor including the connection to the main board.
    You have to open the middle blue plate for that. It’s all pretty well labelled you’ll see a Y.
    For me everything was fine so I had to send back my printer (free of charge of course, they picked it up).
    Unfortunately they are close right now so I guess I’ll get my printer back at the end of August 🙁
    I advise you write a ticket to explain your problem but I’m not sure you’ll get an answer before the end of August.
    Once there is somebody to answer they are pretty reactive.

Justin
    Participant

Hi Nicolas,
    Thanks for the fast response. Tech support told me to do the same thing. It appears that the Ribbon cable for the Y Axis underneath the Blue Cover was not seated properly on the Main Board (even though it looked like it was). I unseated it and then re-inserted it two or three times (trying to calibrate after each time) and then it suddenly started to work.
    Thanks again,
    Justin

Nicolas
    Participant

Hello Justin,
    Wow I’m happy for you!
    I only tried it once, maybe I should’ve insisted more.
    Enjoy your printer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.