how to replace LCD panel

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    davidsi
    Participant

I just got a Sigma and the LCD panel is broken. I contacted MatterHackers support and they sent me a new one. However, there are no instructions on how to replace it and I can’t figure it out. Can anyone help me?

Thx

fred_dot_u
    Participant

I downloaded the CAD files from the github for BCN3D Sigma and found a complete assembly drawing in SolidWorks format. I was able to open it and hide the blocking components, resulting in the ability to see how the LCD panel is secured.
    Here’s a screen capture of the back side of the panel. I expect you should be able to remove the plastic panel covers on the right side to access the LCD from behind:
    When I rotated the part assembly, I could see that all six nuts would have to be removed and the cable swapped over, but it seems pretty easy to accomplish.
    Good luck

davidsi
    Participant

thanks. However it’s not that simple. The nuts would be easy to remove if they were accessible but it’s really hard to get any tool and one or more fingers in there. I think the front panel that covers the LCD and SD card is supposed to come off, without that, I think, even with the nuts removed, it won’t come out.

Hello David,
    Did you got ouR e-mail on how to remove the screen? you should remove the bottom cover, and it will be easier to remove the nuts if you use a flexible wrench.
    Have in mind that the nuts that should be remved are the two nuts placed on each side of the centre of the screen. The for nuts on the edges are for the plastic parts that come with the screen.
    if you are not able to replace the screen you can contact matterhackers so they can take care of it.

davidsi
    Participant

yes I did thank you. I’ll be trying it tonight.

davidsi
    Participant

qnd it’s a thing of beauty. Thanks for your help. Now I just need to figure out why my prints don’t print …

shackman0
    Participant

Hey BCN3D support: I need to replace my screen as well. Would you please send me the same instructions or direct me to a webpage?
    Hey David. any advice before I get started?

sigmasec
    Participant
    adam
    Participant

OK So i have done all this…what is the correct way to reconnect the cable to the mother board…does it matter if you plug into the top or bottom row of pins? There are also 6 cables and only 5 pins…which one misses out on the connectio?

adam
    Participant

Photo attached …

trevettengineer
    Participant

We have just replaced the LCD screen in our BCN3D printer. There are 6 cables and only 5 pins the board, should we leave out the red cable or white cable in the plug? Please see the picture from Adam, dated 22nd March 2017 (IMG_20170322_132115-min.jpg)

abl.gonzal
    Participant

Hi,
    I was asking exactly the same question, and a finally figured it out threw the assembly guide named Cablejat.pdf
    So you should leave out the white cable, the red one is the power in 5V.

abl.gonzal
    Participant

In my case my LCD panel has became very unresponsive, that’s why I try to disassemble
    Does anybody have a solution for mu issue?

Neotko

I would contact sat team, they answer pretty fagst

abl.gonzal
    Participant

Ok, many thanks Neotko, i have to say that after trying to have a look at the lcd pannel and doing almost nothing, now, when turning printer on, the LCD panel is white, it blink one time, and remains white !! So the thing get worst!

CoraDias
    Participant

Hi….I’ve also had isssus replacing LED backlight screens, got the new screen but the backlight was out. I thought it was the screen so returned it and got another screen. Same issue. Only problem is I never actually found out what the issue was and how to fix the backlight not turning on. I can only assume that part of the on board circuit that controls the LED back light has to be fixed also.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.