Interchangeable nozzle?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pyniec
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    I have a quick question regarding BCN3D Sigma – is there a possibility to change standard 0,4 mm nozzle on something else? For example 0,25 mm?
    I am asking because on the specification page (http://www.bcn3d.com/catalog/bcn3d-sigma/#provaSigma), there is an info about two different nozzles: “Nozzle diameter 0,4mm (Standard) / 0,6mm”.
    So I am curious is it possible to change the nozzle in this 3D printer?

Best regards
    Chris

Marc
    Keymaster

I Chris,
    Yes, you can change the hotend in the BCN3D Sigma. By default the sigma has .4 mm nozzle, but is possible to put a .6 mm nozzle changing all the hotend. Mainly for special colorfabb materials or if you want to go faster ;)!
    You can check it at Spare parts / sigma / extrusion

pyniec
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for reply! πŸ™‚
    So to change nozzle I would have to change the whole hotend? Because on photos nozzles are screwable so it would seem that you can change them without the need of changing the whole hotend.
    Also do you plan releasing hotend with smaller nozzle? Like 0,3 or 0,25 mm for BCN3D Sigma? Or maybe there are some other hotend / nozzle manufacturers that would have smaller hotends / nozzles, which could be fitted in this printer?
    I really like the idea of independent extruders and I am thinking of buying the SIGMA 3D printer so I just would like to see what possible upgrades (if they will be needed), could be done in the future πŸ™‚
    Best regards
    Chris

Marc
    Keymaster

Hi!
    At the present time, we only give the possibility to change the whole hotend.
    About the smaller hotend, we don’t know it yet, but you will be surprised with 0.4 mm quality!
    Regards,
    Marc

pyniec
    Participant

Hi,
    Alright, I understand. Thanks for all the replys! πŸ™‚
    Best regards
    Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.