Is It possible to print two same parts simultaneously?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    syue87
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m not sure if this is discussed somewhere else already, but I can’t find any info. I wonder if it’s possible to print two same parts simultaneously? In theory, it’s possible by placing the two identical items left and right, but is there any software that allow us to do it? It would be a great feature for me since I print a lot of identical small parts. This would double the speed.
    Thanks,
    Shen

jamie
    Participant

It’s called ditto printing, however it isn’t currently supported on the Sigma. Hopefully a future update, especially if enough of us ask for it…

roger uceda

For dual simultaneously printing the Sigma (and all the 3D printers) must have both extruders at the same height.
    The Sigma allows both hotends to be differents, and this is very good for independant calibration, but does not allow to print two parts simultaneously unless both hotends has the same height.
    I think it could be done “easily” but should need some extra-adjustment.

everettarchuleta
    Participant

Yes it is possible.It is good for small objects.

mjbaldwin0352
    Participant

@everettarchuleta
    Can you elaborate on you statement please?
    How is it possible?

mattm
    Participant

Hi, does anyone know if anything came of this (printing 2 parts simultaneously / ditto printing) – it would be an incredibly useful feature and it doesn’t seem like it would be that complex to introduce? The size of the bed available to two simultaneous parts would be reduced but if both heads moved on the gantry in tandem it should mean that in theory half the width of the bed would be available to each part. I have 100 identical parts to print very shortly and this would half the print time! Many thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.