Removing the nozzle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    guido
    Participant

Hello, are there any specific requirements / tips / sequence of steps to stick to when removing the nozzle from the hotend?

Thanks in advance!

guido
    Participant

found this cool video and have the hotend removed now – how do i remove the nozzle from that?

guido
    Participant

Thanks, I had seen that video. But this doesn’t say whether the nozzle can be removed from the hotend assembly.

Sylus
    Participant

It’s possible to change the nozzle but the thermal block is pretty fragile (even pre heating before unscrew ),I think this is an issue and I think it was preferable to change the hotend instead.
    I still wait my ordered 0.6 mm and i understand ,it was an problable issue regarding the nozzle change is not so easy and also dangerous for hotend.
    In a second hand changing hotted is not also without risk specially regarding poor soldering of hotness screw ( my new machine was lot of destroyed thread from the beginning)

guido
    Participant

Thanks Sylus for your comment. Of course it would be cleaner to change the entire hotend but that would get expensive quickly. And if it’s only the nozzle that needs replacement, I’d rather do that.

chimpusmaximus
    Participant

My first attempt at removing the nozzle did not end well… As Sylus elaborated to how fragile the thermal block is, the thread in the block came away with the nozzle.
    https://goo.gl/photos/yohKWpFtpTwMXLxb6

Phill
    Participant

Damn that’s a shame!

wbolin
    Participant

Very interesting, I thought I done something wrong. I tried to remove the nozzle from the block and got the exact same result as in the photo above, the last few threads on the nozzle pulled out threads on the block.
    does anyone know where a I can order a new hot end as a drop in replacement?

doc
    Participant

So on changing our Nozzle tip on our replicated parts, the Nozzle had the threads pick up on the brass tip tearing out some of the heat block threads. Fortunately we had a spare block.
    So we have now used Loctite nickel antiseize grease on the brass nozzle tip. As long has the block is heated to about 150C or there abouts so the plastic is soft, it all comes apart just fine. Changed a few of different Nozzles now and hot ends.
    Neil

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.