Replacement Stepper Motors

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Phill
    Participant

Hi!

Does anyone know where to get the SM42HT60-1684A motors from? I can’t seem to find them anywhere or if anyone can suggest an alternative. They don’t need to fit inside the sigma as I want to externally mount them.

Thanks in advance.

EmvioEng

Is this for the Y axis or the extruders?

fred_dot_u
    Participant

I’d expect that if the OP is mounting externally, they would be for the extruders, akin to Mr. Horne’s modification of his Sigma. I’ve considered the mod too, but ran into the same difficulty in locating a match.

Phill
    Participant

Hey,
    Correct it’s for the extruders.I was just going to leave the stock steppers in the machine and get some new ones.
    I use many different makes of filament and the varaity of spool sizes means some don’t fit in the machine.

Phill
    Participant

Hi,
    As you can see the model is not mentioned here http://www.smartautomation.com.cn/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=497

fred_dot_u
    Participant

My recently arrived Sigma has labels indicating SM42HT60-1684F rather than B. A few links I’ve chased show the last letter to mean A = single end shaft, B = double end shaft, but I’ve found no reference to F. The -168 refers to current draw at 1.68 amperes. I’m unable to find an appropriate assignment for the last digit (4) nor for appropriate voltage, as some of the charts range from 2.8 to 7.0 volts. I would expect one could locate a replacement if the precise specifications could be for for our current motors.

Phill
    Participant
    fred_dot_u
    Participant

That’s the same label that is on my extruders and my brief attempt to search came up mostly empty. Knowing design voltage should mean we can find appropriate replacements. The 60 in the number appears to mean the length of the motor housing and by extension, the length of the internals and directly related to power.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.