Using just the second extruder

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    anaisdeleon
    Participant

It is very easy to print just using the second extruder (the right one) to change color for example. You just generate the gcode as always, then you open it (with notepad for example) and write T1 on the first line. This order activates the right hotend (T0 is the left one) just at the beginning of the program.

That’s great and it’s highly recommended if you have two different materials that you frequently use and don’t want to switch.
    Thanks!

abl.gonzal
    Participant

Thank’s for this very usefull tip! I’ve try it and it work great!

Thanks!
    Here you can see a screenshot, just to clarify:
    t1 bcn3d sigma

stefaan
    Participant

This is not ok!!!
    If you add the T1 option your hotend will not be cooled by the side cooler and you get a clogged extruder with big prints.
    If you look at the extruders after the T1 you added you will see the coolfan on the left extruder on and the coolfan on the right extruder off.

stefaan
    Participant

Forget the previous post. There was something wrong with my right extruder cooling fan. Bad contact.

Ok!

protoscan3d
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve tried printing with right extruder last night (changed the gcode to print from T1), nothing seems to print. The extruder is moving as if it’s printing but no filament is coming out? Could this be because of the gcode change?

christian.gassner
    Participant

@ protoscan3d: Seems that you are printing from external USB ??? In this case you need to upgrade the FW to 1.1.6RC to solve the issue. Hope this helps.

roger uceda
    ervin
    Participant

Is there any chance that we have easier extruder selection within Cura through menus, rather that typing gcode. Extruder selection is essential funkction.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.