wait for temperature to be reached

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lifeimaging
    Participant

I have set up a RaspberryPi with Octoprint and it works really, really nicely – with one noteable exception: when starting a job (gcode generarted by Simplify3D), the system does not wait for bed and nozzle temperatures to be reached and starts printing immediately. So I always have to preheat manually to avoid printing with a cold nozzle and bed.

As far as I can tell, this is because the Sigma responds to M109 and M190 commands immediately with “extruder heated” or “bed heated” replies instead of waiting until temperatures are reached. M116, which would be more convenient still, because it would allow preheating the bed and the nozzles simultaneously) doesn’t seem to be implemented correctly either.
    Is there a fix or a work around? Maybe using a different M command?
    (BTW, I have FW 1.1.4)

lifeimaging
    Participant

no response to this at all?
    i think this is clearly a bug and it would be really great if it could be fixed. Octoprint is really a great enhancement for the Sigma, turning it into a network-served, remote-controlled machine for just €50 including camera surveillance and movie recording (which is great to recall what happened when problems occurred during the print).

roger uceda

Hi, Could you please open an issue on our GitHub? Is much easier for us, as we (and you) will have traceability.
    https://github.com/BCN3D

Pedro
    Participant

Yes, I am experiencing the same problem. It is a bug with the firmware that it ignores M190 and M109 commands when sent through the serial port.

Pedro
    Participant
    lifeimaging
    Participant

glad to see I’m no longer alone with this 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.