BCN3D Technologies, based in Gavà (Barcelona), is looking for a 3D Printing – Applications Engineer to help a wide variety of customers and partners to embrace a new 3D Printing technology.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we aim to enable our customers with Manufacturing Autonomy, by providing
accessible, productive tools to obtain high-performance parts. As a result, local
manufacturing and mass customization will be within reach not only for large enterprises, but
for all kinds of businesses. Innovation is in our DNA, so we are always on the cutting edge of
the technology, defining bold and disruptive technology approaches to foster the adoption of
Additive Manufacturing (AM) in all the product life cycle stages.
BCN3D not only designs, manufactures and sells all over the world top-quality desktop-sized
FFF 3D printers, but also develops R&D projects with the potential to disrupt the 3D Printing
WHAT DO WE NEED?
As a result of 3 years of intensive research, BCN3D is launching a new 3D printing
technology to fulfill its vision. New technologies need to be efficiently communicated to let
customers assess its multiple benefits and have a clear picture of a long term adoption of the
solution.For these reasons, BCN3D is looking for an Application Engineer to understand the
technology and customer needs, so that:
● An innovative technical solution can be efficiently delivered to the customer
● Mutual trust and long term valuable relationships are established between the
customer and BCN3D
● Relevant market inputs can be processed
● The new emerging technology can be fine-tuned in real real-world contexts
What would you be responsible for?
● Provide technical guidance to customers willing to adopt AM technology, creating a
professional relationship built upon trust
● Assess customer needs and expectations, and understand the match between them
and BCN3D’s solution
● Become a hands-on expert of the BCN3D’s new AM technology
● Prospect potential customers in regular meetings with the existing distribution
● Perform cost analysis and productivity studies.
● Execute design changes as required to optimize project for BCN3D’s new AM
● Provide feedback to Product and Engineering teams
● Report to CTO
THE SKILL SET
● You are customer-oriented
● You have a strong analytical and solid technical background.
● You are a good listener, empathic and accessible
● You can easily communicate complex concepts
● You are a hands-on person, versatile to adapt to multiple scenarios.
● You feel comfortable in a fuzzy and fast-changing environment
● You are methodical and organized
● You are self-driven and proactive
● You have an Agile/Entrepreneurial mindset
● BSc or MSc in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related fields
● Extensive experience with Additive Manufacturing
● Proven experience in some of these areas: mechanical design, design for manufacturing, plastics, product design.
● Experience in business or customer-related projects
● Proficient working with different CAD tools for AM, like Solidworks, Magics, Rhino, Netfabb,…
● Fluency in English, both spoken and written
● Knowledge about customer needs in verticals such as automotive, aerospace,
engineering or healthcare is a plus.
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating APPLICATION ENGINEER to email@example.com
At BCN3D we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.