BCN3D Technologies, based in Gavà (Barcelona), is looking for a Backend Engineer to design, build, and automate data transformation pipelines for IoT applications as a part of a web-based service called to change the traditional 3D Printing workflow.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we aim to help innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible experience to materialize their unique ideas. BCN3D designs, manufactures, and sells all over the world top-quality desktop and workbench FFF 3D printers, which integrate into a printing ecosystem where software plays a major role. We offer our customers a complete solution to their needs thanks to our products, worldly renowned for their versatility.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
3D Printing is facing day by day an increasingly complex scenario, where the reliability, scalability, and integration of the technology are a must. Engineers and creators rely on graphics interfaces to visualize the designs to be printed, to ensure a proper output and to smooth the printing workflow. In order to provide the right tools in an integrated and intuitive web platform, BCN3D is looking for a talented Back End Engineer to join the Engineering Team and lead the file preparation and Cloud platform development.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
● Develop our API and the back end of our products.
● Design, build, and automate data transformation pipelines for batch and streaming IoT data and applications.
● Manage, maintain and document BCN3D Cloud infrastructure
● Support the BCN3D Stratos development
● Contribute to DevOps tasks.
● Identify and anticipate risks in the development roadmap.
YOUR SKILL SET
● Strong analytical and solid technical background.
● Self-driven and proactive.
● You have a strong eye to detail.
● Team worker, with experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
● Able to lead and delegate.
● You are an out-of-the-box thinker.
● You feel comfortable in a high-uncertainty environment.
● Flexible and able to work under pressure.
● You got a BSc or MSc in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a related field.
● Experience with AWS services such as DynamoDB, RDS, S3, API Gateway, or Lambda (equivalent services in Azure or Google Cloud are also appreciated).
● Experience with designing cloud architecture using IaC deployments with CloudFormation or Terraform (equivalent services in Azure or Google Cloud are also appreciated).
● Experience working with relational (SQL) and NoSQL databases.
● You have proven and solid experience with Python.
● Experience with designing microservices or serverless cloud-based architectures is a bonus.
● You can’t imagine yourself out of an Agile Framework.
● You know Git inside and out.
● Definitely a plus: 3D Printing experience.
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate, and highly
motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place.
Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills
in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating BACKEND ENGINEER to firstname.lastname@example.org
At BCN3D we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.