No products in the cart.
BCN3D Technologies, based in Castelldefels (Barcelona), is looking for an Electronics Hardware Engineer to work on the development of an electronics platform for the next generation of our products.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we aim to help innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible experience to materialize their unique ideas.
BCN3D designs, manufactures and sells all over the world top-quality desktop-sized FFF 3D printers. We offer our customers a complete solution to their needs thanks to our products, worldly renowned for their versatility.
In addition, BCN3D is driven by a pure Open Source working methodology, aimed to make the 3D printing technology accessible to the society, becoming an active player in its technological development.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
3D printing is such a complex technology which encompasses multiple disciplines, from mechanics to material science. Electronics play a key role in the equation and specially with the new generation of printers, more advanced and complete electronic circuits are needed.
For these reasons, BCN3D is looking for an Electronics Hardware Engineer who will be a key developer of the coming generation of printers.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Define, plan and lead the design of reliable, cost-effective and high-quality different
electronic modules for our products.
- Design and simulate schematics, design PCB layouts.
- Test and validation of electronics components and prototypes.
- Assess and prioritize tasks and developments to meet tight due dates.
- Oversee the industrialization process with our manufacturing partners.
- Lead the physical integration of an existing Open Source electronics platform into a new range of products.
- Participate in the implementation of engineering quality processes.
YOUR SKILL SET
- You have a strong analytical and solid technical background.
- You are self-driven and proactive.
- You are curious and eager to learn new technologies.
- You have a strong eye to detail.
- You are a team worker, with experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
- You’re able to lead and delegate.
- You can coach younger team members
- You are an out-of-the-box thinker.
- You feel comfortable in a high-uncertainty environment
- You are flexible and able to work under pressure.
- You got a BSc or MSc in Electronics Engineering or related field.
- You have a relevant track record with hardware systems: Experience with component level design in analog, digital and power circuits.
- Familiarity in circuit design with communication protocols: I2C, SPI, UART, USB…
- Advanced design and simulation skills (Eagle, Kicad, SPICE…). Altium Designer experience is valued
- Knowledge of EMC/EMI standards and design techniques to reduce their impact in electronic devices. Experience in product certification is highly valued (FCC,CE,UL…)
- Familiarity and experience with laboratory bench equipment and debugging tools including oscilloscopes, logic analyzer, signal generators, etc.
- Ability to code basic firmware
- Definitely a plus: 3D printing experience.
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place.
Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating ELECTRONICS HARDWARE ENGINEER to email@example.com