BCN3D Technologies, based in Castelldefels (Barcelona), is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to work on the development of the firmware for the next generation of our products.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we aim to help innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible experience to materialize their unique ideas.
BCN3D designs, manufactures and sells all over the world top-quality desktop-sized FFF 3D printers. We offer our customers a complete solution to their needs thanks to our products, worldly renowned for their versatility.
In addition, BCN3D is driven by a pure Open Source working methodology, aimed to make the 3D printing technology accessible to the society, becoming an active player in its technological development.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
3D printing is such a complex technology that encompasses multiple disciplines, from mechanics or electronics to material science. Obviously, the software plays a key role in the equation, having a direct influence in all the stages of the workflow: ranging from the job preparation to the printer’s firmware and the GUI or the data collection and visualization.
For these reasons, BCN3D is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who will be a key embedded software developer of the coming generation of printers.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Design, develop and integrate different modules in a Linux-based SBC.
- Assess and prioritize tasks and developments to meet tight due dates.
- Plan and develop reliable, cost-effective and high-quality solutions.
- Integrate the management of several peripheral devices.
- Define and integrate a custom GUI.
- Review and test code from peers.
- Collaborate with different areas in the conception and design of software tools.
- Investigate, define and implement algorithms related to digital printing.
- You have a strong analytical and solid technical background.
- You are self-driven and proactive
- You have a strong eye to detail.
- You are a team worker, with experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
- You’re able to lead and delegate.
- You are an out-of-the-box thinker.
- You feel comfortable in a high uncertainty environment
- You are flexible and able to work under pressure.
- You got a BSc or MSc in computer science, engineering or related field.
- Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions
- Development of applications in C++ as part of a team
- Understanding of Operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, runtime optimization, concurrency and synchronization
- You have experience working with multi-process multi-threaded systems.
- You can’t imagine yourself out of an Agile Framework.
- Version control tools, such as Git
- Definitely a plus: Experience with Qt and QML.
- Definitely a plus: Experience with STL
- Definitely a plus: Build systems, cmake, qmake
- Definitely a plus: Experience with POSIX file systems
- Definitely a plus: 3D printing experience
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At BCN3D we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation – EU-2016/679, in its article 7, you give your consent to the processing of your data in the selection process and to contact you in case we are interested in your work and social profile, to cover a job vacancy.
You can exercise your rights of; access, suppression, opposition, rectification, limitation and portability of your data, by communicating in writing and a photocopy of your ID card, to the company itself, at the following address: C/ de Miquel Servet, 18, 08850 Gavà, Barcelona or by e-mail to: email@example.com