BCN3D Technologies, based in Gavà (Barcelona), is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to work on the development of the firmware and OS for the next generation of our products.
What do we do?
At BCN3D we aim to help innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible experience to materialize their unique ideas.
BCN3D designs, manufactures, and sells all over the world top-quality desktop and workbench FFF 3D printers. We offer our customers a complete solution to their needs thanks to our products, worldly renowned for their versatility.
What do we need?
3D printing is a complex technology encompassing multiple disciplines, from mechanics or electronics to material science. Obviously, the software plays a key role in the equation, having a direct influence in all the stages of the workflow: ranging from the job preparation to the printer’s firmware and the GUI or the data collection and visualization.
For these reasons, BCN3D is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who will be a key embedded software developer for the coming generation of printers.
What would you be responsible for?
- Lead Sprint planning, reviews and team meetings
- Design, develop and integrate different modules in a Linux-based SBC.
- Assess and prioritize tasks and developments to meet tight due dates.
- Plan and develop reliable, cost-effective, and high-quality solutions.
- Integrate the management of several peripheral devices.
- Define and integrate a custom GUI.
- Review and test code from peers.
- Collaborate with different areas in the conception and design of software tools.
- Investigate, define and implement algorithms related to digital printing.
- You have a strong analytical and solid technical background.
- You are self-driven and proactive
- You have a solid eye for detail.
- You are a team worker, with experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
- You’re able to lead and delegate.
- You are an out-of-the-box thinker.
- You feel comfortable in a high uncertainty environment
- You are flexible and able to work under pressure.
- You got a BSc or MSc in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions
- Development of applications in C++ as part of a team
- Knowledge of Operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Knowledge of memory management, multiple processor use, runtime optimization, concurrency and synchronization
- You have experience working with multi-process multi-threaded systems.
- You can’t imagine yourself out of an Agile Framework.
- Version control tools, such as Git
- Definitely a plus: Experience with Qt and QML.
- Definitely a plus: Experience with STL
- Definitely a plus: Build systems, cmake, qmake
- Definitely a plus: Experience with POSIX file systems
- Definitely a plus: 3D printing experience
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate, and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER to firstname.lastname@example.org