BCN3D Technologies, based in Gavá (Barcelona), is looking for an Engineering Physicist/Physicist for a Paid Internship.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we design, manufacture, and sell all over the world top-quality desktop & workbench 3D printers. With a strong eye on R&D activities, we aim to enable innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible ecosystem to materialize their unique ideas.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
3D printing is such a complex technology that encompasses multiple engineering disciplines. As Additive Manufacturing matures and the low-hanging fruit is achieved, the boundaries of innovation are more sophisticated and require strong theoric and experimental rationales.
In order to keep up innovating and pushing the limits of 3D printing, BCN3D is looking for an Engineering Physicist / Physicist to participate in R&D projects, where innovation is in the making.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Optimization of optic systems
- Create models and set up computer simulations.
- Work with a team of diverse engineers and technicians to create new 3D printing solutions.
- Work with hardware and software engineers to optimize printing performance
THE SKILL SET
- You have a strong analytical and solid technical background.
- You are self-driven and proactive
- You have a strong eye for detail
- You are an out-of-the-box thinker
- You are passionate about testing and troubleshooting, not afraid to test hundreds of times
- You can effectively communicate complex concepts to non-technical co-workers
- You are a hands-on person, versatile to adapt to multiple scenarios.
- You feel comfortable in a high uncertainty environment
- You are flexible and able to work under pressure.
- You are pursuing a BSc or MSc in Engineering Physics, Physics, or a related field
- You have experience working with optics and quantum physics
- You have basic coding knowledge
- You are able to set up models and simulations
- You have experience in material testing procedures
- You are familiar with lab equipment
- You love to harness data and statistical tools to improve results
- Fluent in English
- Definitely a plus: 3D printing experience
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate, and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating ENGINEERING PHYSICIST – INTERNSHIP to firstname.lastname@example.org
At BCN3D we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation – EU-2016/679, in its article 7, you give your consent to the processing of your data in the selection process and to contact you in case we are interested in your work and social profile, to cover a job vacancy.
You can exercise your rights of; access, suppression, opposition, rectification, limitation and portability of your data, by communicating in writing and a photocopy of your ID card, to the company itself, at the following address: C/ de Miquel Servet, 18, 08850 Gavà, Barcelona or by e-mail to: email@example.com