Head of Materials R&D
BCN3D Technologies, based in Gavà (Barcelona), is looking for a Head of Materials R&D to lead the definition and validation of high viscosity UV curable resins that will reshape the 3D Printing Industry.
What do we do?
At BCN3D we aim to allow our customers to unlock Manufacturing Autonomy. We provide them with the best possible Additive Manufacturing technology to materialize their unique ideas across all stages of the product lifecycle.
BCN3D designs, manufactures, and sells all over the world top-quality professional FFF 3D printers and, recently, has unveiled the groundbreaking Viscous Lithography Manufacturing (VLM) technology. VLM is a resin-based technology capable to manage resins up to 50 times more viscous than industry standards, so that part performance, accessibility, and productivity are assured.
What do we need?
VLM technology enables new formulation strategies and a wider set of ingredients since viscosity is no longer a limiting factor. In order to take the best advantage of this fact, BCN3D needs to detect and understand market trends and opportunities, as well as leverage unique VLM advantages to get better materials, overcoming traditional resin limitations, like brittleness or low tear strengths. We are looking for a Head of Materials capable to lead the whole material strategy for the VLM platform.
What would you be responsible for?
● Define the resin portfolio, matching customer needs and VLM technology advantages.
● Lead a growing team of engineers, scientists, and technicians
● Define the material validation tests, spanning from mechanical and thermal properties to aging
● Set up and maintain technical cooperations with new and existing chemical partners
● Oversee both internal and external product validation stages
● Carry out internal formulation activities
● Work with hardware and software engineers to optimize printing performance
● Cooperate with our material partners in the testing and validation procedures
● Represent VLM materials strategy in webinars, tradeshows, or corporate visits
● You are passionate about your work and expect to make an impact
● You are a leader, influencing others with your knowledge and expertise
● You are hard worker, comfortable in pressure environments
● You feel comfortable in a high uncertainty environment
● You are flexible and able to work under pressure.
● You have a strong analytical and scientific background
● You always look for the root of the problem
● You are methodical and patient
● You can easily build relationships
● You are self-driven and proactive
● You are well-organized and capable to manage complex projects
● You have a strong eye for detail
● You are passionate about testing and troubleshooting, not afraid to test hundreds of times
● You can effectively communicate complex concepts to non-technical co-workers
● You got an MSc or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical/Materials Engineering, or a related field
● You have relevant experience in some of these fields: Adhesives, Paints, or 3D Printing Resins
● You have a track record of Product/Project management
● You have worked with 2K systems and/or energy curing systems
● You have formulation experience
● You can design and conduct rigorous experiments
● You are familiar with lab equipment
● Fluent in English, both verbal and written
Do you want to be a key part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate, and highly motivated team? Do you want to pave the way for a new 3D printing technology to disrupt the market? Then join BCN3D and boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating HEAD OF MATERIALS R&D to firstname.lastname@example.org