No products in the cart.
BCN3D Technologies, based in Castelldefels (Barcelona), is looking for a Product Engineer
to lead the develop new products and provide life-cycle support to existing ones.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we aim to help innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible experience to materialize their unique ideas.
BCN3D designs, manufactures and sells all over the world top-quality desktop-sized FFF 3D printers. We offer our customers a complete solution to their needs thanks to our products, worldly renowned for their versatility.
In addition, BCN3D is driven by a pure Open Source working methodology, aimed to make the 3D printing technology accessible to the society, becoming an active player in its technological development.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
The product life-cycle spans multiple stages: from its conception to the latest steps of its service. Therefore, developing and maintaining a product is a complex project that lasts several years. Even in a mature product, the Engineering team collects a constant stream of work to be assessed, executed and implemented to warranty the successful performance of the product.
For these reasons, BCN3D is looking for a Product Engineer who will lead the development project of new products, taking part both on the mechanical design and project management.
This key role will have impact across the organization, becoming the reference person inside the Engineering team to manage, improve and oversee the products he/she will represent.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- During development stage, manage, prioritize and coordinate tasks and due dates
(50% of the time).
- Be the technical and temporal responsable of Systems & Mechanical integration,
integrated within Engineering team (50% of the time): be an active part in the conceptualization, design and industrialization of the led projects.
- Coordination of weekly follow-up meeting: assessment of technical assignments, creation and follow tasks with your colleagues of Engineering, Process and Quality in order to warranty the implementation of each task by all the actors.
- Preparing product forecast to ensure production and supply timelines.
- Intensive use of 3D CAD software SolidWorks.
- Look after the whole change implementation, from Marketing to Production.
- Exhaustive control of given KPI’s, such as unity costs, times, etc.
- Exhaustive control of given Product Structure and BOM.
- Product enhancements Implementation, release Product updates to manufacturing, based on resolving product defects, implementing product cost optimizations/reductions, resolving component obsolescence issues, resolving manufacturing issues.
- Report to Lead Industrialization Engineer.
YOUR SKILL SET
- You have a designing for manufacturing orientation.
- You have an analytical and solid technical background.
- You enjoy multitasking, able to manage a complex project/product.
- You feel comfortable with negotiation with multiple actors (internal client).
- You are a playmaker, good at working with others in a cross-functional group.
- You are proactive and self-driven.
- You have strong presentation and communication skills.
- Creative thinking.
- BSc or MSc in mechanical, industrial or related field.
- Mechanical design with SolidWorks software (NX or Creo will be admitted too):
knowledge of Solid, Assemble, Surface and Draft features.
- Definitely a plus: 3D printing experience & Experience with any kind of PDM/PLM
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating PRODUCT ENGINEER to email@example.com