No products in the cart.
BCN3D Technologies, based in Castelldefels (Barcelona), is looking for a Python Developer to work on the development of slicing software for the next generation of our products.
WHAT DO WE DO?
At BCN3D we aim to help innovators and creatives to change the world, providing them with the best possible experience to materialize their unique ideas.
BCN3D designs, manufactures and sells all over the world top-quality desktop-sized FFF 3D printers. We offer our customers a complete solution to their needs thanks to our products, worldly renowned for their versatility.
In addition, BCN3D is driven by a pure Open Source working methodology, aimed to make the 3D printing technology accessible to the society, becoming an active player in its technological development.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
3D printing is such a complex technology that encompasses multiple disciplines, from mechanics or electronics to material science. Obviously, good hardware can’t perform well without good software behind.
One of the more important steps in the 3D printing technologies is the slicing of 3D models. The software that is needed for this step will be used to prepare a print job from one or more 3D models and generate the commands that the printer finally executes.
In order to ensure good integration of this step inside the 3D printing workflow and superb user experience, BCN3D is looking for a talented Python Developer to join the team.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Design, develop and integrate custom plugins for 3rd party slicing software solutions.
- Integrate different slicing engines inside a graphical user interface written in Python.
- Develop new communication channels between the slicing software and the BCN3D Cloud API.
- Assess and prioritize tasks and developments to meet tight due dates.
- Plan and develop reliable, cost-effective and high-quality solutions.
- Review and test code from peers.
- Collaborate with different areas in the conception and design of software tools.
YOUR SKILL SET
- You have a strong analytical and solid technical background.
- You are self-driven and proactive.
- You have a strong eye to detail.
- You are a team worker, with experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
- You are a hands-on person, versatile to adapt to multiple scenarios.
- You are an out-of-the-box thinker.
- You feel comfortable in a high uncertainty environment.
- You are flexible and able to work under pressure.
- You got a BSc or MSc in computer science, engineering or related field.
- You have experience with Python development in a Linux environment.
- You have experience working with software based on a concurrent computing paradigm.
- You have experience developing Python software with a graphical user interface.
- Knowledge of communication protocols: TCP, HTTP, MQTT,…
- Knowledge of web API architectural styles: REST, RPC, SOAP,…
- You can’t imagine yourself out of an Agile Framework.
- You know Git inside and out. Having Github related hobby projects is a big plus.
- Definitely a plus: 3D printing experience.
- Definitely a plus: Experience with PyQt and QML.
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the desktop 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating PYTHON DEVELOPER to email@example.com
At BCN3D we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.