VLM 3D Printing Technician
BCN3D Technologies, based in Gavà (Barcelona), is looking for a 3D Printer Technician to help evolve the VLM technology and expand the printing capacity of the existing VLM Printing Lab.
What do we do?
At BCN3D, we aim to enable our customers to achieve Manufacturing Autonomy. We provide them with the best additive manufacturing technology to materialize their unique ideas at all stages of the product lifecycle.
BCN3D designs, manufactures, and sells high-quality professional FFF 3D printers worldwide and has recently introduced the revolutionary Viscous Liquid Lithography (VLM) Manufacturing technology. VLM is a resin technology capable of handling resins up to 50 times more viscous than industry standards, ensuring high performance, accessibility, and productivity of the product.
What do we need?
The VLM technology has been under development since 2019. In this period, the prototypes have been continuously evolving and improving. Nowadays, BCN3D is expanding its printing capacity in the VLM Printing Lab by building more machines and implementing the latest software and mechatronics developments in all the installed base of operative printers.
Due to the intensive work expected during the industrialization phase of the products based on the VLM technology, BCN3D is looking for a 3D Printer technician with experience in assembling and disassembling mechatronic equipment and handling tools, who is orderly and methodical and capable of leading the assembly and repair process of VLM prototypes.
What would you be responsible for?
- Assembly, updating, maintenance, and repair of VLM prototypes, both located at the BCN3D facilities and/or installed at customer locations
- Troubleshooting and solving issues with existing equipment
- Participate in defining and implementing workshop layout
- Maintenance and repair of tools, jigs, or fixtures
- Participate in defining product requirements and production decision-making.
- Participate in defining assembly processes and quality control procedures.
- Operate VLM printers
- Passion for work and a desire to make an impact.
- Methodic, well-organized approach to work.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Patient and persistent, willing to investigate issues thoroughly.
- Proactive and self-directed, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Results-oriented and responsible in meeting objectives.
- Ability to work hard, be flexible, and be comfortable in high-pressure environments.
- Always looking for the root of the problem.
- Degree in Mechanics, Mechatronics, Engineering, or a related field.
- Relevant experience in maintenance, machine assembly, process engineering, or related fields.
- Proficient in using and maintaining workshop tools and equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven track record in troubleshooting and resolving complex issues.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Familiarity with 3D printing technologies and processes is highly desirable.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in English, both oral and written.
Do you want to be part of a young, innovative, multidisciplinary, passionate, and highly motivated team? Then, BCN3D, a leader in the 3D printing industry, is your place. Boost your professional career in a steadily-growing sector and develop your technical skills in an inspiring startup environment.
Please, send your motivation letter and résumé indicating VLM 3D PRINTER TECHNICIAN to firstname.lastname@example.org