- The BCN3D Omega I60 is an all-in-one industrial 3D printer built to deliver large and strong tooling, jigs, and fixtures at high-speed.
- It features BCN3D’s signature IDEX technology, a massive print volume of 60L, a heated chamber of 70ºC, a temperature and humidity-controlled material operations system, and a direct-drive high-speed extruder that reaches up to 300 mm/s.
- BCN3D has also revealed the material portfolio for BCN3D Omega I60 with custom formulations carefully selected to cater to specific verticals. Additionally, BCN3D has introduced a flexible build plate and Stratos 2.0 for all Epsilon users.
Barcelona (Spain), June 14th, 2023. – Today, leading 3D printing solutions manufacturer BCN3D has introduced the brand new BCN3D Omega I60 at a special event held at its Barcelona headquarters. BCN3D Omega I60 is an all-in-one industrial FFF 3D Printer designed to produce big, strong prototypes and end-use parts, particularly tooling, jigs, and fixtures. The BCN3D Omega I60 features a modernized version of BCN3D’s signature IDEX technology, which doubles productivity by using both toolheads simultaneously. It boasts a massive print volume of 60L and a heated chamber that can reach temperatures up to 70ºC, allowing for the production of large-scale, robust pieces in engineering-grade materials. The printer is equipped with a temperature and humidity-controlled material operations system that prepares filaments for printing. Additionally, it utilizes a 1.75mm direct-drive high-speed extruder capable of speeds up to 300 mm/s, enabling faster production of parts than ever before.
This momentous occasion coincides with BCN3D’s 11-year anniversary, a testament to their unwavering commitment to innovation. Over the course of this remarkable journey, BCN3D has successfully distributed more than 10,000 units worldwide across more than 100 points of sales. Notable success stories include the partnership with automotive powerhouse Nissan and French multinational Saint Gobain, leveraging the power of 3D printing to produce tailored tools, jigs, and fixtures for immense time and cost savings, and Prodrive, which develops 3D printing end-use parts for cross-country cars. During this decade BCN3D’s pioneering spirit also led to the introduction of the revolutionary IDEX technology in 2015 and the groundbreaking VLM™ technology, unveiled just last year.
A glimpse into BCN3D Omega I60’s specifications
BCN3D Omega I60 has been designed from the ground up and features:
- Modernized BCN3D’s signature Independent Dual Extrusion (IDEX) technology: IDEX stands out as the sole extrusion system with the unique capability of printing using two independent heads. Users can double productivity with duplication and mirror modes or produce parts with support without cross-contamination. BCN3D Omega I60 is equipped with a refined IDEX technology, where the X motors remain stationary during the printing process. This design feature minimizes inertia, resulting in accelerated print speeds.
- HAQ-XY Kinematics: This motion architecture is considered one of the best systems for dual 3D printers and CNC machines, as it provides a lightweight, robust and precise approach. BCN3D Omega I60 utilizes an improved version of this kinematic system by placing the pulleys in a more optimal position. As a result, the system experiences a significant reduction in torsional moments along the X axis during the printing process. These torsional moments are highly undesirable as they can have detrimental effects on the system’s performance and potentially lead to undesired deformations in the X axis, thereby directly impacting the quality of the printed parts.
- Extrusion system: BCN3D Omega I60 equips a powerful extrusion system with industry-leading components, including 1.75 mm direct drive Bondtech LGX Pro extruders. This system provides more control and precision. It also includes custom E3D Revo hotends, which offer best-in-class extrusion reliability, as well as an easy-swap nozzle change.
- High speed ready: BCN3D Omega I60 is equipped with built-in accelerometers and 32-bit electronics, together with a custom version of Marlin 2.1. This combination enhances the capabilities of the BCN3D Omega I60, enabling it to efficiently manufacture parts at an impressive speed of 300 mm/s and achieve accelerations of 10 m/s². With this state-of-the-art platform, BCN3D Omega I60 is the only high-speed and IDEX 3D printer on the market, providing users with exceptional productivity.
- Active Heated Chamber: A heated chamber facilitates the manufacturing of engineering polymers by maintaining an ideal temperature for the printable part throughout the printing process. This temperature control ensures the uniform construction of the part, minimizing the formation of internal stresses. By heating the chamber close to the material’s glass transition temperature, it promotes relaxation and eliminates internal tensions during manufacturing, effectively preventing issues like warping and cracking. After completion, the part undergoes a gradual cooling process. All of this ensures the best dimensional accuracy and mechanical durability for the printed part. The BCN3D Omega I60 heated chamber can reach temperatures of up to 70ºC, making it ideal for printing materials such as ASA, PA, ABS and reinforced PA, among others.
- Massive print volume: The printing volume available in the BCN3DOmega I60 is 450 x 300 x 450 mm (17.7 x 11.8 x 17.7 in), offering up to 60 liters. This, combined with the heated chamber, gives BCN3D Omega I60 the ability to produce large technical parts.
- Material Operations System (MOS): This integrated material module offers a complete all-in-one experience. The MOS allows you to control not only the humidity, but also the temperature. It provides two key advantages: the ability to recover compromised material and the ability to preheat your filament before starting a print. This is especially important for engineering materials with higher heat deflection temperatures. Furthermore, the material operating system enables automatic filament loading and unloading. So, if your print job runs out of filament halfway through, the machine will automatically change the filament for you. BCN3D’s Omega I60 MOS can reach up to 75ºC and provides an RH below 10%.
- XYZ Autocalibration: This technology, that uses piezoelectric sensors, eliminates human dependence and guarantees correct first layer adhesion. It calibrates by measuring multiple points to adjust printing surface height (Z) and (XY) offset between nozzles. For BCN3D Omega I60 with Independent Dual Extrusion System (IDEX), precise XY alignment is crucial. A dedicated calibration zone outside the printing surface is used for toolhead alignment. The toolheads make contact with the machined calibration zone in order to calculate positioning and automatically calibrates offsets to avoid crossovers or shifting layers in duplication mode.
Last but not least, BCN3D Omega I60 is equipped with a vast array of other important features such as a built-in camera, a flexible build plate, an Uninterruptible power supply (UPS), a Filament Runout Sensor (FRS), a barcode sensors for spool and components recognition, a andon light, a 7” capacitive touchscreen, an HEPA and Carbon filter, a Safety Pause function, an emergency stop button and WiFi or Ethernet connectivity functions.
Applications and materials
The portfolio of materials offered for BCN3D Omega I60 has been carefully selected to cater to specific verticals such as tooling, jigs and fixtures, short run production, masking, large prototyping, production line replacements, and end-use parts. The materials include:
- Omega Proto: A custom formulation developed for BCN3D Omega I60 and ideal for prototyping, jigs and fixtures, low load bearing alignment guides, and drill guides. It offers a smooth matte black surface finish and isotropic properties, making it suitable for both basic and functional prototyping.
- Omega Impact ASA: This material excels in UV resistance, making it ideal for outdoor end-use parts. It is highly durable, making it suitable for tooling subjected to repetitive loading.
- Omega Resistant Nylon: Ideal for the factory floor environment, this material is chemical, wear and solvent resistant. It serves as a drop-in replacement for materials like Acetal commonly found across production lines.
- Omega Tooling CF: Specifically formulated for maximum strength, this material is well-suited for producing metal replacement parts, metal forming dies, bend tooling and end-use parts that require exceptional strength.
- Omega Support: A breakaway support material that works with all the aforementioned materials. This allows for easy removal of supports without the need for dissolving, enabling the immediate use of printed parts.
Customers have three pathways to choose from when selecting a filament for their BCN3D Omega I60. The first option is BCN3D Filaments, which encompasses all previously mentioned materials as well as upcoming materials currently in development and scheduled for future release. The second option is the Open Filament Network, where BCN3D collaborates with material manufacturers to create specialized printing profiles. These materials cater to niche applications with materials that offer unique properties like ESD, flame retardant, or food-safe. Lastly, since the BCN3D Omega I60 is an open material platform with no limitations, customers can use custom materials and create their own printing profiles at no additional cost.
The Omega Launchpad Program
To let customers experience BCN3D Omega I60, BCN3D has devised the Omega Launchpad Program, aimed at businesses of all shapes and sizes. By participating in this program, individuals can anticipate being among the first to explore the capabilities of the new BCN3D Omega I60, witnessing its true potential through the creation of tangible, 3D printed parts. Moreover, participants will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with a dedicated Additive Manufacturing applications engineer who will provide personalized assistance in analyzing and developing custom solutions specifically designed for the integration of the BCN3D Omega I60 within their respective organizations.
The BCN3D Epsilon Series gets an update
Earlier this year, BCN3D unveiled the latest generation of their Epsilon Series, characterized by a sturdier structure, enhanced electronics, and XYZ autocalibration. Additionally, during 2023 BCN3D announced firmware 2.0, equipped with first-layer live adjustment, new calibration routines, and improved duplication and mirror printing capabilities, among others. On the software front, BCN3D elevated the performance of their Stratos software by improving 16 print profiles, resulting in a remarkable 35% increase in printing speed and 25% reduction in material consumption. Additionally, BCN3D extended their support for the Open Filament Network (OFN) by introducing 25 new print profiles. This collaboration with leading material manufacturers ensures that customers gain access to top-tier filament profiles, delivering exceptional print results.
During the recent live streaming event, BCN3D made two major announcements for their Epsilon Series 3D printers. Firstly, a flexible build platform that allows users to remove prints with even greater ease. This innovation will be compatible with all Epsilon and Sigma D25 3D printers. Secondly, BCN3D announced their upcoming release of Stratos 2.0, which is built on the powerful Cura v.5 engine. This upgrade will bring a wealth of new features, an improved user interface, and an overall smoother experience. Starting from September of this year, users will have access to both the flexible build platform and Stratos 2.0, enhancing their 3D printing capabilities.
Pricing and shipping
BCN3D Omega I60 starts at 19.995 € // 21.995 USD (excl. VAT) and the first units will be shipped on September 15th, 2023. From today can be reserved by contacting BCN3D at email@example.com or contacting any of the official distribution partners of BCN3D. Customers interested in discovering more about BCN3D Omega I60 can enlist in the Omega Launchpad Program and gain access to individualized online product demos, tailored quotes, or the opportunity to receive customized sample parts.
BCN3D is one of the leading developers and manufacturers of 3D printing solutions worldwide with clients including Nissan, Saint-Gobain, NASA, Haribo, and Louis Vuitton. It made a name for itself as a pioneer in FFF with its signature IDEX technology and recently released Viscous Lithography Manufacturing™ (VLM™), a brand new additive manufacturing technology that leverages high viscosity resins to unlock manufacturing autonomy.
BCN3D PR Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org